March 26, 2013

Modge Podge Book Page Canvas Cover

I had a large canvas piece of art that I had bought from Homesense for $15 a few months back (At this size, it would have cost more to buy a blank canvas). My husband thought I lost my mind as the "art" was honestly kind of UGLY. Never fear.... Modge Podge is here!

I decided to cover the canvas with pages from an old book that I tried (and failed) to read... It was just too boring, but the font and page colour was perfect for this project.

I started by ripping up the pages so there were no straight edges then I applied a liberal layer of Modge Podge on the canvas with a foam brush. After applying the paper I brushed more of the Modge Podge until the piece were evenly covered and smooth.




 This was a messy but SERIOUSLY FUN project.


 


Here's the finished product. I'm still deciding what to paint on it.... Maybe a quote?



No comments:

Post a Comment