Doughnut MuffinsI was looking for something sweet and easy to make and came across this recipe for doughnut muffins and I must say - they are bang on for texture and flavour.
For the muffins:
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 -1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Combine oil, sugar, egg and milk in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients and stir only to combine.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. While muffins are baking, melt butter in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Take muffins out of the muffin tin while the muffins are still hot.
- Dip muffins in the melted butter and then into the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place on a wire rack and allow to cool.
Post a Comment