October 04, 2012

Apple, Pear Crisp - New and Improved Recipe

I had a bunch of apples and Bosch pears that were starting to get a little beat up. The pears tasted a little woody so I thought I would use them up in a crisp. It was more than my original recipe so I decided to update my original recipe and I must say - it was even better than the original!

Ingredients

4 apples: peeled, seeded and sliced
3 Bosch Pears: Peeled and sliced
1/4 c brown sugar
1 Tbsp Cinnamon

1 c brown sugar, packed
3/4 c all-purpose flour
3/4 c oatmeal, uncooked
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c butter, softened to room temp.

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9x13" square pan or dish with cooking spray.
3. Arrange apples and pears in the pan. Sprinkle with first amount of brown sugar and cinnamon
4. Mix all other ingredients together until crumbly; top the fruit.
5. Bake around 40 minutes, until apples are tender; the topping is golden brown and feels crunchy.
6. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream

No comments:

Post a Comment