September 26, 2012

Russian Chicken with a Twist!

Growing up I remember many dinners at my mom's house,my little siblings (Who I lovingly referred to as the butt-nabs) running around and the smell of Russian chicken, rice and veggies making the house smell incredible!

So now that I have my own little butt-nabs I am carrying on the tradition of the Russian Chicken - but with a twist. (AKA I didn't have all of the ingredients called for so I MacGyvered)

Sweet and tangy  this chicken is SOOO easy.

Ingredients

13 chicken thighs (it's a weird number - but it was the number in the package)  (I used bone in, skin on last time, but skinless would be just as good)
1 package dry french onion soup mix
2 cups Russian dressing (I like Kraft Russiandressing)
1 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
2 TBSP Honey

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Season each thigh with salt and pepper and place in cooking pan
3. Mix the onion soup mix, russian dressing, balsamic vinegar and honey together and pour over the chicken evenly.


4. Bake for 1 hour. (don't over do it - I accidentally cooked it a little long - Which is why it's a little dark)







No comments:

Post a Comment