June 14, 2012

Strawberry Yogurt Cupcake

Today I had a craving for all things strawberry. Cakes, drinks, whatever!
While on Pinterest I came across a exquisite, luscious, strawberry shortcake, smothered with airy whip cream. (I know, yummy!)

With reckless abandon I opened my fridge in search of the key ingredient - Strawberries. Oh what a let down! Did I have strawberries? Yes! Were they shiny, and plump and bright lovely red? Well....no. They were not. They were perhaps 1 day too long in the fridge and had lost that - glow.

Fear not my friends! Thinking on my feet like a foodie ninja I decided that I would change it up a bit. Again, I hit Pinterest in search of another inspiration. With a few tweaks here and there I came up with an amazing inspired recipe. (honestly, it was tweaked because it's Thursday of week two and we are low on most grocery items as tomorrow is grocery day.)

Drum-roll please...
Tada! Its the one, the only...


Strawberry Yogurt Cupcake

Ingredients:
•  1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
•  2 cups sugar
•  3 eggs

•  2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
•  ½ tsp. baking soda
•  ½ tsp. salt
•  8 oz. plain Greek yogurt
•  12 oz. fresh strawberries, diced

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325F. Line your cupcake pan.

Sift together the 2 ¼ cups of flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.

With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.

Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated (start and end with flour).

Toss the strawberries with the remaining ¼ cup of flour.

Gently mix them into the batter.

Scoop the batter into the cupcake liner.


Bake in the preheated oven for 30 - 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center a cupcake comes out clean.
Yummy, do you see those chunks of Strawberry?


Allow to cool before topping. You can use icing, powdered sugar - or my favorite, whipped cream. (My husband likes it as is, with no topping.)

No comments:

Post a Comment