Ingredients1 cup milk (heated approximately 1 minute in microwave)
1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F.)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature and beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
5 cups bread flour
3 teaspoons instant active dry yeast
Cinnamon Filling1/2 cup butter softened
1 cup brown sugar packed
6 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
Directions1. In a large bowl or in the bowl of a 5-quart stand mixer, combine all the ingredients in the order given except the Cinnamon Filling. Using a dough hook, mix everything together until a soft dough forms.
2. Check the dough. It should form a nice elastic ball. If you think the dough is too moist, add additional flour (a tablespoon at a time). The same is true if the dough is looking dry and gnarly. Add warm water (a tablespoon at a time). If you can't judge your dough by looking, stick your finger in and feel the dough. It should be slightly tacky to the touch.
3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly-oiled surface, and knead until elastic, approximately 10 minutes. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise until double in size.
4. After dough has risen, roll and stretch the dough into approximately a 15 x 24-inch rectangle.
5. Prepare the Cinnamon filling. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together until well blended.
6. Brush the 1/2 cup softened butter (listed below in the Cinnamon Filling) over the top of the dough with a rubber spatula or a pastry brush. Sprinkle Cinnamon Filling over the butter on the prepared dough.
10. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Baked in a regular oven approximately 20 to 25 minutes in a regular oven until they are a light golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
Best served warm, but room temperature is also great!
Post a Comment