November 29, 2012

No Bake Eclaires

You may have guessed from my previous posts that I love dessert. My love affair with sweets started young and has just blossomed into something of a love hate relationship. I love to eat it and hate when I run out of it.

I came across this recipe on my friends Pinterest and it had all the makings of a go to recipe : simple ingredients that I have on hand, simple directions and a spectacular result.

Enjoy!
please excuse the poor quality picture, IPhones can only do so much

Ingredients

 Filling:

2 (3.5 oz.) boxes vanilla instant pudding
3 cup milk
1 (12 oz.) container Cool Whip
Graham crackers (I used 45)

Topping:

1/3 cup cocoa
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp milk
1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions

For the filling:

1. Mix pudding and milk; beat. Stir in Cool Whip.
2. Place a layer of graham crackers in the bottom of a 9x13" dish.


3. Spread 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the graham crackers. Repeat with another layer of graham crackers and pudding; then top with a final layer of graham crackers.


For the topping:

1. Bring cocoa, milk, and sugar to a boil; boil about 1 minute, stirring very frequently.
2. Remove from heat and cool one minute. Add butter and vanilla; stir until butter is melted.




3. Pour over the top layer of graham crackers. Refrigerate over night.

No comments:

Post a Comment