September 26, 2012

Apple Crisp

Hello, my name is Chelsea, and I can't make pie. I have tried and failed more times then I care to admit.

This is why I LOVE apple crisp. The sweetness of the apples, complemented with a hint of cinnamon and the crunchy goodness of the crumble topping.

Here's a no fail recipe to enjoy!! 

Ingredients


4 c peeled apple slices
2/3 c brown sugar, packed
1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c oatmeal, uncooked
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/3 c butter, softened to room temp.

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Grease a 8 x 8" square pan or dish with cooking spray.
3. Arrange apples in the pan.
4. Mix all other ingredients together until crumbly; put over the fruit.
5. Bake around 30-35 minutes, until apples are tender; the topping is golden brown and feels crunchy.
6. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream

No comments:

Post a Comment