November 13, 2012

Grilled Ham, Cheese and Apple Sandwich

Last week my hubby was out of town so I took the opportunity to make a simple dinner for me and my boys.
We love, love, love grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. I thought I would kick it up a notch with a little something extra - Black forest ham and Gala Apples.

Enjoy!!

Ingredients

(make 3 Sandwiches)
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Gala apple, peeled and sliced.
6 slice of bread (I used grainy bread)
Enough cheddar cheese to cover each Sandwich
9 slices of black forest ham

Directions

 1. Melt butter in pan and add apples, cook until starting to brown and soften. Remove and set aside.



2. Place ham in pan and fry until it gets a little color. Remove and set aside.
3. Construct sandwich, slice of bread, Ham, Cheese, apple then top with second piece of bread.

4. Place back in frying pan and cook until cheese has melted and bread gets some color.

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment