September 05, 2012

Spinach Dip

My go to appetizer for any event is Spinach Dip. I love it, my family loves it, my friends love it!
So here's my recipe for the tastiest Spinach Dip ever!!

Ingredients

See all that lovely Spinach, Cheese and Bacon!
1 brick cream cheese, (softened at room temperature)
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 package (16oz) frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained really well)



 1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup bacon
2 tbsp green onion chopped

1 sour dough bread loaf
extra bread for dipping.


Directions

1. Cream the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise together until smooth. Add the spinach, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions and mix until blended. I taste the dip at this point to adjust the flavor. Sometimes I add an extra bit of mayo, other times I add a bit more sour cream. Basically when I taste it, if I want to keep eating it, I know it's good!




2. Slice off the top of the sourdough loaf. Hollow out the bread so it becomes a bread bowl.


3. Fill the bread bowl with the spinach dip and put the top slice back in place.

4. Wrap the bread load with tin foil tightly.


5. Bake the loaf at 375F for about 40 minutes (or until the dip is warmed through and the cheese has melted)

6. Serve with the extra bread. *NOTE: you can also bake the dip in a small casserole dish too.



No comments:

Post a Comment