I love the flavor of Lemons and Raspberries don't you!?
|yummy, do you see all that Raspberry?
2 egg whites
1 whole egg
1/3 cup melted butter (Replace the oil)
However much milk asked for on the box
1/2 cup of fresh Raspberries
Make cake according to package replacing one of the egg whites with a whole egg and oil with butter. After mixing fold in the raspberries. (I didn't puree them ahead of time because I wanted little chunks of raspberry)
Bake according to package.
Lemon Butter Cream Icing
1 cup of salted butter
4 cups of icing sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons cream
1. Whip your butter with electric mixer.
2. Add in your icing sugar, one cup at a time, beating continuously.
3. Add 2 tablespoons lemon zest and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
4. Add 2 teaspoons of cream to thin it out.
5. Let it whip until it's nice and airy and fluffy. I added food coloring too, but you can leave it out.
Once the cake is cooled ice with the Butter Cream.