June 30, 2012

Peanut Butter, Banana, Oatmeal Smoothie

A couple of days ago I stumbled across a great Blog called Rabbit Food for my Bunny Teeth. (Cute name I know!) Anyway, the author of the blog has lost tons of weight, and she has come up with a ton of really great recipe's including smoothies. I LOVE smoothies (Well, actually I love Milkshakes, but have definitely fallen for Milkshakes healthy cousin Smoothie).

So feeling inspired by her recipes I came up with this little beauty myself. ENJOY!


Ingredients
1 Frozen Banana - Cut up
1/3 cup Rolled Oats (you can use the quick cook ones too)
1/2 Tbsp Cocoa
1 packet of sweetener (optional, but I dig them sweet)
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1 cup Spinach (weird, I know, but you can't taste it!)
1 cup Almond milk (I use the original, unsweetened Kind) You can use reg. milk if you want.


Directions
Step one:
Measure the oats, banana, peanut butter, cocoa, spinach and almond milk in a blender (Honestly, I use my baby bullet) and pulse until smooth. It is thick (Like a REAL milkshake) so you may have to stop pulsing it and stir it a bit, or add a little more milk to thin it a bit.

Step two:
That's it, pour into your pretty glass and enjoy!


I've drank this for breakfast the last couple of mornings and I've been full for hours. The Smoothie does have a little chew from the oats, but I like it, as does my 7 year old that doesn't like ANYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment